Friday, June 19, 2009

Devotion

I feel like I need to share a devotion that I had this morning. I was reading Psalm 118: 13-14:
" I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."
Over the past couple of day, tensions have run high: tensions between us interns and tensions within the EOH staff, due to the high stress of planning camp and the opening of the Chongwe My Father's Houses. Yesterday I got so frustrated and upset at everything that was going on around me that I felt defeated. I felt worn out, finished, and started praying for God to show me his purpose for me here in Zambia. The Lord then answered by prayers through a friend who talked me out of my misery. That was the momeny when I realized that I can't rely on myself to do what God intends for me to do here. The Lord is my strength, which means that I have to totally rely on him. When power does out, water runs out, and food runs out, I have to remember who sustains me, and who will provide for me always. The Lord is my song. He will keep me positive and keep my heart going, and no one else. It's almost shameful and amazing to think that God had to break me down, physically and emotionally, before I could surrender my own will to Him, and follow His will for me in Zambia.
Thank you so much again for your prayers and your support. I ask that you pray for everything to run smoothly next week for Camp Hope, and so that we can make an impact in the lives of children from all over Chongwe. May the Lord bless you and keep you safe!
~Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers