Friday, May 8, 2009

Introduction





Hello!
Just as an introduction, my name is Jessica Showers, and this summer, 2009, I've been accepted on an internship to go to Zambia, Africa, and work with an organization called Every Orphan's Hope. Every Orphan's Hope is a christian organization that helps care for children whose parents (one or both) have died from the terrible AIDS disease. They are helping by building houses, starting bible camps, feeding, clothing, and helping to support these orphans through school through supports in more fortunate countries (such as America). I am very blessed to be going on this amazing trip to help God's children, and I pray that you will be touched by what I post on this blog.
I am also creating this blog as a gift to all of my amazing supporters. I have been given generous donations from friends, family, and people who have heard my story and were touched by God to donate. I am very very blessed to know such wonderfully generous people and I want you all to know that your donations will not be wasted! I will be posting pictures, stories, and information about the Every Orphan's Hope organization as much as possible over my 2 month stay in Zambia, Africa. So please come and check this blog for updates as much as you want!
PS-> The picture is of me and my orphan group during bible camp in Zambia in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers